Join us in the gorgeous San Francisco! Below you will discover our favorite spots to snap pictures, eat, and several of our favorite activities to do throughout the city. The famous fog will swallow you up and make you fall in love before you even know what hit you. We promise there is something for everyone here and we cannot wait to share it with you!
Great Picture Spots
The Ferry Building: After checking out the shops on the first floor, take the elevator to the lobby of the second and admire the impressive architecture. Fun note – The second floor offices millionaires and the third floor offices billionaires. We decided it was a good idea to network in the elevator.
Billy Goat Hill Park: There is usually a swing that over looks the city on this hill. We were told by the locals that it’s a hit or miss because somebody continues to cut the swing down (so sad!). Luckily, the view is incredible with or without it!
CityScape Hilton San Francisco Union Square: This is the hotel we called home for the weekend. Take Tower 1 to the roof to enjoy a birds-eye-view of SF. Woah!
Golden Gate Bridge: This is an obvious must! Though finding that perfect spot may take some adventuring. We wanted a unique and up-close view, so we hopped a fence at the Golden Gate Bridge Vista Point and climbed down a hill to get here. We considered the rocky grounds well worth it. Tip: Park near Battery Spencer.
Sausalito: The harbors are what attracted us to this area! The drive to the beach is mystical with vibrant green grass and wooded areas. Find your cliff of choice to snap the perfect picture!
Boccadillos: This wine and tapas bar left a lasting memory on our taste buds. They will make you fall in love with vegetables after one bite of their Brussel Sprouts! We also loved their empanadas. Of course we had their champagne… that’s just expected though, right?
Leo’s Oyster Bar: Their decorator gets a gold star, and their employees are one-of-a-kind! Such a great experience. If you like seafood, definitely make a trip to this restaurant! We had the Seafood Bisque with Lobster, King Crab and Rock Shrimp (so filling and so good!) and the Steelhead Trout. For drinks we ordered Betsy’s Buzz and the Garden Party (includes egg white – YUM!).
Baker Beach : Don’t miss this spot! It is right by the Golden Gate Bridge, in fact it has gorgeous views of the bridge. Make sure to bundle up, San Francisco does not offer your typical beach weather. We walked the beach in sweaters, of course barefoot though!
Golden Gate Park : We recommend checking this out right after the Golden Gate Bridge and Bakers Beach. It is a great spot for a walk, picnic, or to check out the two amazing museums inside the park!
Muir Woods : If you get worn out from the traffic downtown then escape to this redwood forest for a hike! San Francisco is full of hiking spots just a few miles away and Muir Woods is definitely one of our favorites when we need some fresh air.
If it is your first time in San Francisco then be sure to check out the famous tourist stops. We recommend the Painted Ladies, Dolores Park, Lombard Street, Alcatraz, Fisherman’s Warf and Ghirardelli Square!
- Fly into either San Francisco or Oakland. Both are about the same distance from the city and often very different flight costs. If you are not having luck then try San Jose airport.. it is an additional 30 minutes away from the city but worth it for a cheap flight!
- If you rent a car, then be sure to stay off of your phone. California has a law against using your phone while driving.. even if it for directions (guilty!).
- Stay patient and aware when driving in the city… traffic can be crazy! We walk anywhere we can.
- If the weather wasn’t what you were expected and you need a warm escape then drive 45 minutes in any direction (except the ocean!) and it will be about 10-15 degrees warmer . We enjoy wine country to the North, Santa Clara and Big Sur to the South, and Berkeley to the East.
Next on our To-Eat List:
- Mr. Holmes Bakehouse
- Slanted Door
- The Cavalier
- Fog Harbor Fish House
- Plow for brunch
- Local Addition for a cocktail
- Blue Barn for the spicy tuna salad
- Park Tavern for brunch
- Bouche for a romantic French meal
- Sol Food
- Southern Pacific Brew Co. for the funky atmosphere
- Burma Superstar for delicious Thai
Next on our To-See List:
- Pace gallery in San Jose
- De Young Museum located in golden gate park
- Dolores Park to sun soak, lay out, and sip on some champagne
- Lyon Street Steps for a morning workout
- Kirby Cove to jump on the swing and take a pic with the Golden Gate
Thanks for adventuring, San Francisco! On to the next city –